Your foot massager can help relieve foot pain, along with easing stress and tension. It is a wonderful way to relax after a busy day, and its soothing effects include several health benefits. While there are several different types of home foot massagers, one of the most popular is a water foot massager. The added benefit of soothing water can reenergize tired feet, and give you the same luxurious and relaxing feeling that you get from a professional foot massage.
To enjoy all of the healthy benefits, along with truly experience the soothing sensations of a water massager, there are a few tips you should know before your turn your new unit on.
In today’s article, we are going to go over some of the best tips and tricks that you need to try out the next time you dip your toes into a water foot massager. With that being said, let’s get into our helpful guide.
How to Use a Water Foot Massager
There are several different types of water foot massagers to choose from, and are effective at relieving foot pain, along with improving circulation and helping to speed up healing in sports related injuries. Many of the models are lightweight and easy to use, and some are even considered portable. The best one for you will depend on your budget and personal preferences, but there are some tips that you can use on all types of water foot massagers.
What you will need:
- A water foot massager
- Comfortable chair to sit on
- Clean towel
- Water for the foot massager
Some people enjoy using Epson or bath salts with their water foot massager, but it is not a requirement. If you do plan on using bath salts with the unit, make sure that it is safe to do so without damaging the foot massager. Not all water foot massagers are compatible with different types of Epsom salts and bath salts. If you do not make sure that your foot massager is compatible, you may end up damaging your water foot massager, so be sure to consider it carefully.
In addition to using Epsom salts, many people really enjoy using essential oils in their water foot massager too. Essential oils like lavender and eucalyptus oil can have an incredibly relaxing and comforting effect on your feet and your overall well being. There are even specifically formulated foot essential oils that were constructed to soften and heal the surface of your feet’s skin.
The good news is that virtually all types of essential oil will be compatible with your water foot massager because they are liquids themselves. This is something you should consider trying out if you have had an especially tiring day.
Steps for Using a Water Foot Massager:
- The first step is to pour water into the foot massager, being careful not to go over the “fill line”. This will give you enough room to place your feet inside without overflowing. If your model does not include a heating element, you can heat the water yourself before pouring it in. Once you get used to your water foot massager, you will know just how much water you should be using.
- Some people like to place a towel underneath the foot massager to keep water from getting on the floor, while others simply place the towel in front of the unit. Wherever you place it, know that it will help you tremendously when it comes time to clean up.
- If you are going to add bath salts, it should be done after you have filled the foot massager with water. This will help to prevent blockages from salt that did not dissolve. Make sure to check to see if this is safe for your unit, and that it will not damage the sensitive motor. Do not use Epsom salts or bath salts or any other additives if you have open wounds that have not healed.
- Once you have adjusted the settings for speed and type of foot massage, turn the unit on and enjoy the relaxing sensations.
- When you foot massage is finished, dry your feet and the massaging unit. To help prolong the life of the water foot massager, always make sure that it is completely dry before putting it away.
Tips to Remember:
- There are different types of water foot massagers, and this guide contains the basic instructions. It is still important to check your owners’ manual before using your new water foot massager for the first time.
- Make sure that you have thoroughly researched all of your options before purchasing a new water foot massager. Not only is it an excellent relaxation tool, it can also improve your health and relieve foot pain.
Final Thoughts on Water Foot Massagers
If you are someone who is constantly on their feet, then you know the relaxing benefits of a good foot massage. Adding water into the mix can amplify that relaxation. It is for this reason that everyone should own at least a basic model of a water foot massager. With continued use, you will be able to help restore the stress and damage that your feet have accumulate and your skin and muscles will thank you for it. We hope that you find these tips and tricks helpful the next time you dip your feet in.