Any soccer player you ask will happily tell you that there is no substitute for quality footwear. That said, there is an overwhelming amount of footwear available on the market, all of which boast various claims to be the “Best Soccer Cleats.” So today, we take a look at what are actually the best soccer cleats available to help you take your game to the next level in comfort and style.
How We Chose the Best Soccer Cleats
While there are hundreds of different types of soccer cleats available on the market, we boiled down our list to focus on the most well-respected brands and their most popular cleats. Looks were also a factor in the selection process as well as price and comfort–who wants uncomfortable cleats cutting up their ankles?
Overall Price Range of the Best Soccer Cleats
All the best soccer cleats reviewed here.
The Best Soccer Cleats That We Reviewed
- K-leather upper for durability, lightness and glove-like fit
- EVA insole for comfort
- TPU plate for lightweight performance and durability
We start off our list of the best soccer cleats with one of the most popular cleats on the market. The Adidas World Cup offers the same build as the classic Adidas Copa Mundial cleat, but with a more pronounced set of cleats underneath for control. Also made from kangaroo leather, this cleat is durable, comfortable, and has a timeless look.
- Kangaroo leather provides a stronger and lighter base material compared with cow leather
- Classic look and style that has been a staple of the soccer field since the 1970’s
- Limited color choice (standard black/white available as well as Schwarz/white)
- The standard issue long cleat studs that come with the cleat can be a detriment while playing on dirt or dry grass
- Some customers have mentioned that they would have preferred to have a cleat wrench come included with the cleats to tighten the cleat studs
One of, if not, the lightest pair of cleats on the market. The PUMA Evospeed is built to make you feel like there is truly nothing on your feet. Due to the stripped down and lightweight nature of the cleat, it is missing some of the advantageous perks that other cleats may have. However, if pure speed is your game, the PUMA Evospeed 17 might be just what you need.
- Ultra-lightweight cleats allow you to fly around the field.
- Wide sole-plate for comfort
- Known to fit true to size
- Bright color schemes are brilliantly done (if you prefer a “louder” cleat)
- Only available in bright colors
- Due to the lightweight nature of the cleat, durability is a concern
- While the cleat may be comfortable, it does not offer the same ankle support as other options
Innovation on a budget is what the Adidas Ace is all about. Pairing a unique shoelace design with a unique blend of the Primeknit and ControlSkin, everything about the exterior of this cleat is undoubtedly build to help you put balls into the back of the net.
- A new balance and design of the Primeknit and ControlSkin on the exterior of the cleat help counteract longevity/durability concerns from the previous models
- Low-end cleat cost with high-end cleat amenities
- Adidas Primeknit allows for a more flexible and form-fitting cleat
- Though the cleat is designed to be more form fitting, some users have mentioned stiffness in the ankle area
- Although durability issues were addressed in the design of this cleat, some durability issues still remain (particularly with the women’s line)
- ControlSkin specifically has caused some wearers discomfort
The Mercurial Veloce 3 is the latest in the long line of Mercurial cleats. The Mercurial line was popularized by star soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo, and while the Veloce 3 differs slightly from the star player’s preferred shoe model (the Superfly), it provides a quality cleat at an extremely reasonable price.
- Speedrib texturing offers enhanced ball control
- Lightweight performance cleats, comparable to some of the lightest cleats out there
- Thicker padding behind “strike zones” allows for a little extra power
- Narrow design, likely not ideal or comfortable for players with wider feet
- Some players complain of stiffness and an inability to break in the cleat
- The Dynamic Fit Collar has been known to give some players blisters and discomfort
- Put up some serious numbers with this performance soccer cleat
- Durable, easy-care synthetic upper for reduced weight
- 10mm heel gradient shifts heel forward to reduce leg strain
The Asics Men’s Lethal Stats SK is universally heralded as one of the more comfortable and supportive cleats on the market. Known specifically for its wide sole, this cleat specializes in durability and comfort for a reasonable cost.
- Wide sole helps to maximize comfort for almost any players
- Sturdy and built to last
- Extremely cost effective compared to some of the more high-performance cleats
- Does not offer as many additional features compared to other cleats
- Some players noted it took some additional time to break in the cleats
The Nike Premier II is another massively popular cleat, and for good reason. The Premier II offers a timeless look coupled with quality craftsmanship to provide one of the best soccer cleats. With a price on the lower end of the spectrum of this list, the Premier II offers some of the best value one can find.
- Made using real Kangaroo leather for a stronger and lighter base material
- Extremely competitive price for the quality of cleat
- Lightweight and comfortable design
- The cleats tend to run a size or two small according to many players
- Shortened studs on the Premier II cleat model has led to concerns about traction
- Some players complain about the tongue of the cleat, saying it can potentially interfere with your shot
- Hard-wearing outer material.
- Integrated socks.
- Firm Ground (FG) for use on natural grass.
The PUMA One 17.4 offers great support and comfort at one of the lowest prices out there. Long a pioneer in the soccer cleat world, PUMA continues the trend with an affordable and sturdy cleat in the 17.4.
- Offers stronger than average ankle support for players
- The updated design makes for a lighter and plusher cleat compared with previous models
- Quality synthetic leather does a good job at mimicking the real thing
- Some players have complained of issues with the soleplate of the cleat
- Players note that the shoes tend to run fairly narrow
- Some players noted that the cleat took longer than normal to fully break in
- Soft synthetic leather upper
- EVA insole
- ReactiveArch technology
As the original pioneer of the laceless cleat, to this day Lotto is a leader of design innovation in the cleat world. While this Zhero Gravity 700 does, in fact, have laces, it comes equipped with some unique design features not found in other models.
- Single piece upper shell paired with Puntoflex technology makes for an extremely sturdy, yet flexible cleat
- Players have noted that the Zhero Gravity 200 offers some of the best on the field traction around
- A combination of real and synthetic leather combine to help offer maximum control
- One of the more expensive cleats on this list
- Not as light as other models
- Longevity and durability concerns
- Structured Primemesh upper provides a comfortable, sock-like fit so you can move with instinct to control the ball at...
- Molded heel offers a snug fit for instinctive movement
- Control the ball in all conditions with the Controlskin upper that keeps the ball glued to your feet
The affordable little brother of the Predator 18.1 cleat, the 18.2 attempts to offer a high-level performance cleat at a significantly lower entry point compared to its older brother.
- Most of the features from the 18.1 at a significantly lower price
- Durable and built to last
- Can comfortably fit a wide range of players foot sizes
- Many players complain about the collar on the cleat, saying it causes discomfort
- Quality materials, but not the same performance-enhancing materials on the high-level models
- One of the heavier shoes available on the market
This cleat has a Flyknit construction with an inner sleeve that hugs your feet while you play. The ghost lace system ensures you’ll never trip while running down field. And the plate gives you traction on the ground no matter the terrain.
- Quadfit mesh sleeve that fits around your foot
- Ghost lace system for safety
- Flyknit construction with hidden micro-texture and inner sleeve
- Custom color options
- May be on the pricey side
Last update on 2021-07-28 at 14:06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API